As most of you already know, Jake and Jordan have potentially life-threatening food allergies. All three of our kids suffered from eczema as babies and as is often the case, progressed along the allergic march to various forms of food allergy, asthma and allergic rhinitis. Thankfully, Alex was successfully treated for his severe tree pollen allergy, but both Jake and Jordan continue the daily management of their food allergies, for which the standard treatment is still only avoidance of allergens and carrying an EpiPen in case of an anaphylactic reaction. For them and future generations, we feel an incredible sense of urgency to do whatever we can to be part of the solution and work toward a future free of food allergy.
FARE (Food Allergy Research and Education) is the largest private funder of food allergy research for the estimated 32 million Americans living with this disease that can potentially affect ANYONE. Two out of three children diagnosed with food allergies do not have a parent with food allergies and half of adults with food allergies got them as adults.
In honor of our children and FARE’s 10th Anniversary, we are joining the Giving Tuesday fundraising effort for this organization that personally means so much to us. We hope you will join us in supporting FARE’s life-changing work between now and Giving Tuesday (November 29th) when all gifts will be matched up to $50,000!
Here are just a few of FARE’s many recent achievements:
* $100M raised to help fund research, education and advocacy programs
* FASTER Act became law requiring sesame be labeled on packaged goods by January 1, 2023 and HHS Secretary to conduct comprehensive research report on food allergies
* SEED (Start Eating Early Diet) Study underway in partnership with Dr. Ruchi Gupta and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine team to introduce multiple food allergens early in babies’ lives and measure impact on food allergy prevention
* $1M FARE Innovation Award Diagnostic Challenge awarded to Beckman Coulter Life Sciences for their next-generation basophil activation test strategy
* 51 FARE Clinical Network sites engaging in clinical care, clinical trials + basic research and all collaborating to advance the field of food allergy
Thank you so much for all of your past, present and future support! Any amount helps and do not hesitate to reach out if you are interested in connecting regarding FARE’s incredible work.
Best, Katie, Ken, Jake, Alex & Jordan
If you prefer to donate by check or from a charitable gift fund, please contact Patrick Evans at FARE. email@example.com 405-226-5813